Information Assurance & Intelligent Multimedia-Mobile Communications
The widespread nature of multimedia processing technologies and the rapid growth of network access availability have enabled many powerful and creative applications. Digital multimedia content can be created, edited, distributed, shared, and stored with convenience at a very low cost over the mobile and ad hoc nature of today's various networks. The use of emerging technologies and systems based on wireless networks has further facilitated the universal prevalence of multimedia data. Although these new technologies has been viewed as helping individuals to achieve better communications, this has created the possibility for malicious attackers to compromise the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information and corrupt both personal and mission-critical data. Moreover, as our dependency on digital systems keeps growing, denial of service attacks have become a growing threat. With the increasing sophistication and ubiquity of sharing and distribution of data over a plethora of networks, the complexity and challenges of untrustworthy behavior and cyber attacks represent increasing vulnerabilities. Furthermore, modern generations of programmable mobile systems are endowed with low-cost, high-resolution digital cameras and can provide new opportunities for mass deployment in applications that involve the use of multimedia content.
The goal of this technical committee is to serve the interests of its members and the community at large by encouraging the theory, practice, and interdisciplinary aspects of the art and science of information assurance & multimedia-mobile intelligent systems. The Information Assurance and Intelligent Multimedia-Mobile Communications committee aspires to help researchers and developers to exchange ideas on expanding current and building novel intelligent communications systems; to bring together researchers and engineers from all parts of the world with an active interest in the planning, design, process, management and governance of networks in the areas of multimedia-mobile communications with the center of attention on security, digital forensic authentication, transmission and detection of sensitive information via communication systems. The committee is also looking forward to motivate both the theory and applications of this research, advocate their development, disseminate state-of-the-art scientific information and resources, and to establish successful associations with the key experts from academia, industry, government, and information technology consultants.
- Interact with professionals in information assurance & intelligent multimedia-mobile communications and forensic systems that are rapidly growing research fields.
- Participate in motivating conferences and workshops.
- Form professional relationships with associates from different regions of the world.
- Exchange research ideas and sharing research resources, fostering a more effective transfer of information assurance & intelligent multimedia-mobile communications and forensic systems to large-scale applications important to people.
- Promote research, development, education, and understanding of information assurance & intelligent multimedia-mobile communications and forensic systems.