Kansai University, Japan
Nagoya University, Japan
In this technical committee, we discuss and study information systems for activating and integrating two business phases, i.e., design and marketing (D&M) to reinforce manufacturing/production teams. We highlight designers and marketers as the brains of enterprise creativity, living on information circulation. We aim to establish information system consisting of humans, computers, and their social environment, and stimulate dynamic streams of information and data. In order to find new horizons, we would like to encourage participations from various domains systems design, marketing science, knowledge/chance discovery, decision making, communication analysis, business sciences, and ideas beyond existing disciplines.
- Yukio Ohsawa, University of Tokyo, Japan
- A B M Shawkat Ali, University of Fiji, Fiji
- Sun-Bae Cho, Yonsei University, Korea
- Darold Davis, Replicant AD, LLC
- Ozgur Eris, Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, USA
- Kazuo Furuta, The University of Tokyo, Japan
- E. David Goldberg, Illinois University, USA
- Chao-Fu Hong, Aletheia University, Taiwan
- Mayumi Itakura, Tokyo Research Laboratory, IBM Japan
- Noriyuki Kushiro, Kyushu Institute of Technology
- Larry Leifer, Center for Design Research, Stanford University, USA
- Naohiro Matsumura, Osaka University, Japan
- Jose M. Merigo, University of Barcelona, Spain
- Jun Nakamura, Kanazawa Institute of Technology
- Noboru Ogura, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- Natsuki Sano, Tokyo University of Science, Japan
- Dominik Slezak , Regina University, Canada
- Edward Tsang, Essex University, UK
- Hao Wang, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Russ Winer, New York University, USA
- Yuji Yamada, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- Xianyi Zeng, ENSAIT Textile Institute
These tutorial materials provide more information on topics of interest to our technical committee.
- Organizing the Workshop on Data Mining for Service 2016 (DMS 2016) held in conjunction with IEEE International Conference on Data Mining 2016 (ICDM 2016) in Spain.
- Organizing the 3rd Asia-Pacific World Congress on Computer Science and Engineering 2016 (APWC on CSE 2016) in Fiji.
- Cooperating the 3rd Multidisciplinary International Social Networks Conference 2016 (MISNC 2016) in U.S..
- Organizing the 2nd International Workshop of Innovative Algorithms for Big Data 2016 (IABD 2016) in Japan.
- Organizing the Invited Session on "Data Science for Big Data" held in the 20th International Conference on Knowledge-Based and Intelligent Information & Engineering Systems (KES 2016) in UK.
- Organizing the 2nd International Workshop on Data Science in Business 2016 in Japan.
- Edited journal special issues on Data Science for Big Data in International Journal of Computational Intelligence Studies (2016).
- Edited journal special issues on Data Mining and Service Science for Innovation in International Journal of Knowledge Engineering and Soft Data Paradigms (2016).
- Organizing the International Workshop on Frontiers of Digital Marketing 2015 in Japan.
- Edited books, "Data Mining for Service" (Springer, 2014).
- Edited books, "Innovators’ Marketplace –Understanding Innovation" (Springer, 2012).
We invite you to join the TC of Information Systems for Design and Marketing. We discuss and study information systems to reinforce the activities and the interactions of designers, marketers, and their business environments, including the users of their products. Two of our core questions are:
- Can a designer and a marketer survive without each other?
- Is it only manufacturing companies that should understand design and marketing methodologies?
We need interdisciplinary approaches for the design and marketing of products, including service and social systems. We need your expertise to address our challenges.
Back to top