Hong Kong Polytechnic University Kowloon
Harbin Institute of Technology
HIT Campus, Shenzhen
University Town, Shenzhen
Biometrics has been attracting increasing interests. Various biometrics systems and applications have provided significant facilities for our life and the society and many tentative biometrics technologies are being explored. It seems that biometrics is being become an important component of the world. Biometrics technologies make it possible that the machine grasps the ability to recognize a person by “reading” him/her, which is only the privilege of the human for thousands of years. In particular, biometrics technologies focus on the technologies to automatically authenticate the still traits of the human such as the palmprint, fingerprinting, faces, irises, ears, footprint, retina and tooth or the dynamic traits of the human such as speech, gait and keystroke.
We establish the core components of biometrics systems and applications from the viewpoints of systems, man and cybernetics by focusing on basic exploration of the availability, uniqueness and permanence of biometrics traits, on the design and implementation of the corresponding biometrics systems and on the disposition and management of the applications. We also study state-of-the-art strategies and scheme of multi-biometrics for higher accuracy and level security. More importantly, we take special attention on new, convenient and interesting biometrics technologies which may bring big change to our life and society. We also take attention to a new and significant branch of biometrics, medical biometrics.
Another goal of this technical committee is to provide a forum for exchanging ideas among worldwide researchers in biometrics. It also aims at establishing a bridge to the emerging biometrics technologies and the potential applications.
- John Y. Chiang, National Sun Yatsen University, Taiwan
- Xiaoyi Jiang, University of Munster, Germany
- Xudong Jiang, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Vivek Kanhangad, Indian Institute of Technology Indore, India
- Norman Poh, University of Surrey, Guildford UK
- Fabio Scotti, Unversita'degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- Qinghan Xiao, Defense Research and Development, Canada
- Pong C. Yuen, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong
- Bob Zhang, University of Macau, Macau
These tutorial materials provide more information on topics of interest to our technical committee.
- Establish special interest group in biometrics and related fields
- Encourage IEEE members participate research in biometrics and related fields to explore new biometrics technologies for further prompting the world
- Co-organize SMC Technical sponsored conferences
- 2014 International Conference on Medical Biometrics, Shenzhen, China
- Special issue on SMC-A or SMC-C for Biometrics
- New session, Biometrics Systems & Applications, in SMC Conferences
- Open Forum on Biometrics Systems & Applications
- Develop new SMC members related to SMCS
- Interact with scientists and engineers in biometrics, to make your contribution to significant technology innovation in biometrics.
- Participate in interesting biometrics conferences and workshops to exchange research ideas and achievements.
- Broaden the area of biometrics for applications, and to propagate and introduce biometrics technologies to people who need them.
Back to top