2019 Call for Nominations: SMCS Board of Governors
- IEEE SMC
- | June 13, 2019 1:59pm
The SMC Society’s Nomination Committee is seeking nominations for SMCS’s 2019 Board of Governors (BoG) elections. SMC Society’s Nomination Committee will select candidates for the election to be held at the end of 2019.
The following positions are open:
- Five SMCS members will be elected by the SMCS members-at-large for 3-year terms (1/1/2020-12/31/2022) on the society’s BoG
- VP Organization & Planning, VP Cybernetics, VP Human-Machine Systems, VP Conferences & Meetings (1/1/2020-12/31/2021)
All candidates for Vice President shall have been a member of BoG or ExCom sometime during the past 5 years and served for at least one year. The candidates for President-Elect and President shall have served at least one year as a Vice President.
Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged. Please nominate suitable nominees by completing the online nomination form by July 16, 2019 the following information about the nominee:
- Full name and contact information (including email address).
- IEEE member number.
- Contributions to the profession.
- Contributions to the SMC Society, the IEEE, and other professional societies.
- Position Nominating For.
- Statement by the candidate that he/she is and will continue to be a member of IEEE and the SMC Society in good standing for the full term.
- Statement by the candidate that he/she is willing to serve and the position for which they are nominated for the full term. The statement should also include that he/she will be available for duties and responsibilities as the position requires.
- Statement by the candidate that he/she will attend the annual BoG meetings. SMCS will cover reasonable travel expenses. The BoG meeting is held at the SMC’s annual conference in October. In order to be reimbursed for the travel expenses by the SMC Society, SMC Society BoG members are required to attend, actively support, and participate in the SMC annual conference by submitting papers, organizing and participating in special sessions and workshops, panel sessions, and/or tutorials.
- Photo and position statement by the candidate how he/she will contribute to the particular position and SMCS if elected.
The nomination process and the nomination form are posted at:
Chair, SMCS Nominations Committee