2017 Call for Nominations: SMCS Board of Governors
- IEEE SMC
- | May 30, 2017 10:15am
The SMC Society’s Nomination Committee is seeking nominations for SMCS’s 2017 Board of Governors (BoG) elections. SMC Society’s Nomination Committee will select candidates for the election to be held at the end of 2017.
The following positions are open:
- Five SMCS members will be elected by the SMCS members-at-large for 3-year terms (1/1/2018-12/31/2020) on the society’s BoG;
- Four Vice Presidents (VP Conferences, VP Cybernetics, VP Human-Machine Systems, and VP Organization and Planning) for 2-year terms (1/1/2018- 12/31/2019).
Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged. Please nominate suitable nominees by completing the online nomination form by June 30, 2017 the following information about the nominee:
- Full name and contact information (including email address).
- IEEE member number.
- Contributions to the profession.
- Contributions to the SMC Society, the IEEE, and other professional societies(*).
- Statement by the candidate that he/she is and will continue to be a member of IEEE and the SMC Society in good standing for the full term.
- Statement by the candidate that he/she is willing to serve and the position for which they are nominated for the full term. The statement should also include that he/she will be available for duties and responsibilities as the position requires.
- Statement by the candidate that he/she will attend the annual BoG meetings. SMCS will cover reasonable travel expenses. The BoG meeting is held at the SMC’s annual conference in October. In order to be reimbursed for the travel expenses by the SMC Society, SMC Society BoG members are required to attend, actively support, and participate in the SMC annual conference by submitting papers, organizing and participating in special sessions and workshops, panel sessions, and/or tutorials.
- Photo and position statement by the candidate how he/she will contribute to the particular position and SMCS if elected.
The nomination process is posted on the SMC Society website.
2016-2017 SMCS Junior Past President
Chair, SMCS Nominations Committee