2021 Call for Nomination – IEEE SMC BOG
- IEEE SMC
- | June 24, 2021 12:00am
Call for Nominations
IEEE SMC Society Board of Governors
The Nominations Committee of the IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society (SMCS) is seeking nominations for the Society's 2021 Board of Governors (BoG) elections. The Nominations Committee will select candidates for the election to be held at the end of 2021.
The following positions are open:
- Member-At-Large – Five (5) SMCS members to be elected by the SMCS membership to serve 3-year terms on the BoG (1 January 2022 – 31 December 2024)
- VP Cybernetics, VP Human-Machine Systems, VP Conferences & Meetings, and VP Organization & Planning to serve 2-year terms (1 January 2022 – 31 December 2023).
All candidates for Vice President shall have been a member of BoG sometime during the past 5 years and shall have completed at least 1 year of service on the Bo15.
Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged. Please nominate suitable nominees by providing the following information about the nominee on a completed Nomination Form by 15 July 2021:
- Full name and contact information (including e-mail address).
- IEEE member number.
- Contributions to the profession.
- Contributions to the SMC Society, the IEEE, and other professional societies.
- Position being nominated for.
- Statement by the candidate that she/he is and will continue to be a member of IEEE and the SMC Society in good standing for the full term.
- Statement by the candidate that she/he is willing to serve for the full term in the position for which she/he is nominated. The statement should also include that she/he will be available for duties and responsibilities as the position requires.
- Statement by the candidate that she/he will attend the annual BoG meetings held at the Society's annual flagship conference in October. SMCS will cover reasonable travel expenses. In order to be reimbursed for the travel expenses by the SMC Society, SMC Society BoG members are required to attend, actively support, and participate in the annual conference by submitting papers and organizing and/or participating in special sessions, workshops, panel sessions, and/or tutorials.
- The candidate's photo and position statement on how she/he will contribute to the particular position and the SMC Society if elected.
The nominations process and the online Nomination Form are posted at: