Ford Motor Company, USA
University of Lincoln, UK
- Organized special sessions on “Intelligent Vehicle Systems and Control” at IEEE SMC each year from 2009 to date, including the following:
- IEEE SMC'16: the largest of our special sessions to date, with 15 papers accepted, presenting new research in driver behavior and autonomous vehicle control.
- IEEE SMC'14: having particular focus on autonomous and semi-autonomous vehicle systems
- IEEE SMC'11: having particular focus on Shared Control
- Interact with researchers, practitioners, and agencies who are interested in applying system & control theory and computational intelligence to automotive systems.
- Exchange research ideas, form partnership.
- Obtain the most recent research results through private communications with TC members.
- Get the most recent updates from industry and academia on automotive innovations (e.g., self-driving cars, smart mobility, big data)
- Participate in exciting conferences, workshops, and special issues, meet people from all around the world, and travel to different parts of the world.
- Help define new research directions and bring the emerging technologies to everyone’s attention.
- Exchange visits and possibly share research resources with other members.