VŠB – Technical University of Ostrava, Ostrava – Poruba
Wrocław University of Technology, Wroclaw, Poland
VŠB – Technical University of Ostrava, Ostrava – Poruba
Our objectives can be divided into 3 main categories: a) scientific, b) educational and c) technological. Our mission can be summarized into the following statements:
- the TC and its activities will focus on basic research in the field of unconventional and traditional Big data processing and computation,
- the TC will actively support the dissemination of Big data know-how amongst the scientific community and especially the activities of young researchers,
- the TC will support the transfer of latest research results from the area of Big data to industry.
Big data, its high-quality processing and analysis (especially nontraditional), is vitally important for today's society. The aim of this technical committee is to establish a community of active Big data processing, analysis, computation, and application experts build around internationally recognized scholars active in academia and senior engineering experts from various engineering fields.
- Ajith Abraham, Machine Intelligence Research Labs (MIR Labs), USA
- Andy Adamatzky, Unconventional Computing Centre, Bristol, UK
- Adel M. Alimi, REGIM Lab, University of Sfax, Tunisia
- Mohammed Chadli, Université de Picardie Jules Verne, Amiens, France
- Guanrong Chen, Department of Electronic Engineering, City University of Hong Kong, China
- Dušan Húsek, Institute of Computer Science, Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic
- Habib M. Kammoun, REGIM Lab, University of Sfax, Tunisia
- Pavel Krömer, VŠB - Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic
- Miloš Kudělka, VŠB - Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic
- Jouni Lampinen, Department of Computer Science, University of Vaasa, Finland
- René Lozi, Laboratoire J.A. Dieudonné Université de Nice Sophia-Antipolis Nice, France
- Jan Platoš, VŠB - Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic
- Jaroslav Pokorný, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
- Nizar Rokbani, ISSAT, University of Sousse & Regim-lab, Tunisia
- Otto E. Rössler, Institut für Physikalische und Theoretische Chemie, Tübingen, Germany
- Roman Šenkeřík, Tomas Bata Univerity in Zlin, Czech Republic
- Petr Škoda, Astronomical Institute, Academy of Science, Czech Republic
- Ponnuthurai Nagaratnam Suganthan, Nanyang Technological University of Singapore
- Katarzyna Wegrzyn-Wolska, ESIGETEL, France
- Special session at IEEE International Conference on Real-time Computing and Robotics (IEEE RCAR 2016)
- Special Session Hidden Complex Networks in Evolutionary Dynamics. Past, Present and Future at IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence 2016 Canada
- Intelligent Networking and Collaborative Systems - InCos 2016 + Special Session
- Intelligent Information Technologies for Industry - IITI 2016
- International Conference on Computational Social Networks -CSoNET 2016
- Internet of Things and Big Data - IoTBD 2016, Rome, (1st International Conference on Internet of Things and Big Data)
- The Second Euro-China Conference on Intelligent Data Analysis and Applications 2016, Ostrava, Czech Rep.
- Afro-European Conference for Industrial Advancement, Morroco
- Special issue in International Journal of Parallel, Emergent and Distributed Systems,
Topic: Chaos and Computation – Recent Advances in Theory and Applications
- The 16th International Conference on Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning (IDEAL 2015)
- Summer Training Workshop "Big Data meets Machine Learning" (BDmeetsML'2015)
- The 9th International Conference on Computer Recognition Systems (CORES 2015)
- Special Session on Big Data Computing, IEEE CYBCONF 2015, IEEE SMC 2015
- Second International Afro-European Conference for Industrial Advancement
- International Cybernetics Summer School (CSS 2012 - 2014)
- Nostradamus 2012-2015
- International Symposium on Complex Systems (ISCS) 2013-2014
- IBICA 2014
- Internet of Things and big data - IoTBD 2017, International Conference on Internet of Things and Big Data
- Afro-European Conference for Industrial Advancement, 2017
- Advanced Engineering – Theory and Applications - AETA 2017, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- International Cybernetics Summer School
- Open Forum on Big Data and Unconventional Computing
- Organize IEEE/SMC conferences on Big data and unconventional methods of computation, with focus on both, theory and applications.
- Establish special interest group on Big data, unconventional computation, and related fields (trying to apply for international project as well).
- Encourage IEEE members to actively participate in the research of the above-mentioned and related fields to explore new know-how and technologies.
- Co-organize SMC Technical sponsored conferences.
Join us to establish the new interdisciplinary fusion of the fields of Big data and unconventional methods of computation. It is clear that by this "fusion", one can expect an emergence of new results and methods leading to important applications in many branches of science and technology dealing with Big data.
We support the study of state-of-the-art strategies and schemes of mutual fusion of the aforementioned methods and research fields with a special focus on knowledge sharing and community building to facilitate deeper understanding of these complex problems. More importantly, we pay special attention to new, original, and interesting technologies, developed for Big data and it's processing, which may prove game-changing in our everyday lives and in our society as a whole.
One of the most important goals of this technical committee is to provide an international forum for the exchange of ideas and ground-breaking results among the global community of Big data researchers. We emphasize the use of novel and unconventional methods and strongly support young researchers and the new generation of scientific experts interested in Big data theory and applications. We also try to broaden the bridge to emerging technologies and potential applications, making Big data processing more practical and useful.
Back to top