IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics
Special Section/Issue on "Risk Intelligence in Big Data Era"
Objective and theme: Risks exist in every aspect of our lives, and can mean different things to different people, while negatively in general they always cause a great deal of potential damage and inconvenience for human and organizations. Today's business environment is featured with massive volumes of structured and unstructured data. For example, a consumer brand strengthens its reputation by monitoring social media data, a hospital improves patient safety based on health records or a bank fights fraud by analyzing time-series trades. Appropriate risk-based decision systems (e.g., computational simulation and business intelligence tools) allow organizations to mine Big Data in order to strengthen risk management and streamline regulatory compliance leveraging vast and growing amounts of data accessed to them. Investigation of risk-based decision systems in big data era is beneficial to both practitioners and academic researchers.
This special Section/issue of Transactions on Cybernetics is intended to present the recent advances in using business intelligence for risk-based knowledge and data engineering management. Authors are encouraged to submit both theoretical and applied articles addressing this theme in this special issue. Topics include, but are not limited to, the following research topics and technologies:
- Healthcare safety of data systems
- Food security
- Data analytics in e-logistics, global e-supply chain management
- Enterprise risk management and information systems
- Agent-based modeling of financial risk with big data
- Business intelligence and knowledge management in enterprise information systems
- Trust, security, and privacy issues in enterprise computing
- Enterprise modelling and simulation
- Financial time series in energy and commodity market
- Credit scoring using data mining
- Sentiment analysis of forum data and volatility
- Data mining in managing market risks in enterprises
- Intelligence multi-criteria decision making in financial enterprise services
- Many other risk management of big data problem
Manuscript Preparation and Submission
Follow the guidelines in "Information for Authors" in the http://www.ieeesmc.org/publications/INFORMATION%20FOR%20AUTHORS_B.pdf
Please submit your manuscript in electronic form through Manuscript Central web site: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/cyb-ieee.
On the submitting page #1 in popup menu of manuscript type, select: Risk Intelligence in Big Data Era. Submissions to this Special Issue/Section must represent original material that has been neither submitted to, nor published in, any other journal. All papers are required to go through a full peer review process (at least 3 reviewers). Note: The recommended papers for the section are subject to final approval by the Editor-in-Chief.
- Deadline for paper submission: October 30, 2014
- Notification Due: January 30, 2015
- Final decision notification: April 30, 2015
- Publication date (tentative): Middle 2015