Call for Nominations - Distinguished Lecturers
- IEEE SMC
- | January 27, 2017 1:36pm
The IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society invites nominations for Distinguished Lecturers for the term 2016-17.
The primary purpose of the SMC Society Distinguished Lecturer Program is to help Society Chapters, Student Branch Chapters provide interesting and informative programs to serve the needs of members of the SMC Society and to enhance their professional vitality by keeping them informed of new technological developments and applications.
Appointment as a Distinguished Lecturer is a major Society recognition.
Distinguished Lecturers (DLs) are selected by the Distinguished Program Committee (DPC) and appointed by the Society President.
The nominees must meet the following criteria:
- The DL nominee must be nominated by an SMCS member who does not have conflict with the selection process. No self-nominations are allowed.
- The DL nominee must be an SMCS member.
- The DL nominee should be an IEEE Fellow and must be a well-recognized expert in his/her field.
From each nominee, the following items are requested:
- biographical sketch,
- abstracts of two lectures, and
- statement about availability for delivering lectures.
The deadline for receiving nominations is February 10, 2017.
Please send nominations to the Chair of the Distinguished Programs Committee